Ever tried foldable flats?
If not, you should definitely invest in a pair! They’re perfect for commuting and more importantly, for late nights!
Above, I’m wearing the B.F.T. by Barefoot Tess ‘Alexandria’ Flat. These flats are a triple threat: stylish, comfortable and compact. Love them!
Here are my thoughts:
- Fit: The overall fit met my expectations. Typically, I can fit into a size 10 or 11 depending on the shoe, and with these flats, I went with an 11. If you’re on the verge of two sizes, I would recommend sizing up.
- Comfort: At first, the elastic seemed a bit tight, but it certainly loosened up over time. These flats are comfortable to walk in and after about a week, feel like slippers. The padding on the bottom makes the flats feel more cushioned than the average foldable flat (it also negatively impacts the compactness of the flats).
- Color: The shimmery copper color sparkles in the sunlight. It’s a perfect color for summer and pairs well with warmer-colored clothing.
- Quality: These flats are made in Brazil with a real leather upper and rubber sole. The padding on the bottom makes the flats sturdier. I can tell these will hold up over time.
[spacer size=”20″]The ‘Alexandria’ Flat comes in four colors: Black, Copper (above), Leopard and Silver. They are available in sizes 11-15 and retail for $109.00. Additionally these flats come with a matching bag so that you can easily tuck them away in your purse.
Readers: Have you tried foldable flats?
*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within are my own.
There’s something about a classic white sneaker that never gets old.
Lately, I’ve been really into Superga—an Italian shoe brand famous for their “2750 Classic” model (what I’m wearing above). Overall, these kicks are a triple threat; comfortable, stylish, and versatile.
I wanted to share these sneakers with you because they are unisex, meaning that for tall women like us, they are available in our larger sizes! I ordered mine from Amazon where the size range goes up to a women’s size 13. What’s even better is the fact that these sneakers run large and that multiple retailers and reviews recommend sizing down 1/2 size. This means that there is even more chance that they will be available in our size! I ended up sizing down 1/2 size and they fit perfectly. I’ve noticed that other retailers, such as Barefoot Tess, carry these sneakers too.
Another great thing about Superga sneakers is that they can be dressed up or down. For example, I paired them with distressed jeans and a blazer (see above) for a classy-casual look. I can also see myself wearing these with dresses and skirts all summer long.
Readers: Have you tried Superga sneakers? What is your go-to white sneaker brand?
A good military jacket will make you look like a rock star if you wear it the right way. Who doesn’t want to look like a rock star? Here are some quick tips I’ve learned over the years for pulling off a military jacket as a tall woman:
- Pair with a fitted bottom to balance out the bulkiness of the jacket. A tight skirt or dark skinny jeans will do the trick.
- Pair with something girly to balance out the masculine vibe. A fun color, a slinky silhouette or a feminine texture (like lace!) work well.
- Choose a jacket that finishes at the slimmest or most flattering part of the body. For me, I made sure that the jacket fell above the widest part of my hip/thigh area.
You can see another way I styled this jacket here.
Also, just wanted to point out that I am not wearing anything J.Crew in this post. Aren’t you proud?!
Readers: Do you own a military jacket? What do you pair it with?