Above, I’m wearing two of my most recent tall purchases from J.Crew. I had to order them online since J.Crew rarely carries tall sizes in store (so lame!).
- The J.Crew Tall Midrise Toothpick Jean in Carbon jeans (size 29T) have a 33″ inseam, and are actually a bit too long on me. I always forget that skinny jeans don’t need to be worn as long as a flared or trouser jean. Skinny jeans should just about graze your ankles. You can see on me that the extra length makes the jeans too baggy. Other than the length, I love the dark wash and slight stretch to the fabric. Additionally, the midrise length is perfectly comfortable.
- At 29″ long, the J.Crew Tall Blythe Blouse in Silk is about 2″ longer than the regular size. The extra length makes it versatile enough to tuck into skirts and wear over pants. I ordered a size 6T and it fits perfectly. I love buttoning it all the way up and adding a statement necklace on top.
Readers: Have you tried either of these items? What are your thoughts?
Ankle crop pants are all the rave this season, and fortunately, they tend to work well on tall women of all shapes and sizes. Here are a few tips for wearing this season’s hottest pant:
- Choose the right length. An inch or two above where your foot meets your ankle is perfect. Any longer and you might look like you outgrew your pants!
- Consider your body shape. If you are tall and curvy or pear-shaped, choose a pant that either has a straight leg or has a slight flare at the bottom. This will help to de-emphasize any unflattering proportions. You can see that I’m wearing a straight leg style (i.e. the pant doesn’t taper all the way in at the ankle) to complement my pear-shaped body. If you have a slim or athletic physique, choose a narrow-cut pant. This will give the appearance of more curves.
- Don’t forget about the rise. Ankle crop pants look best with tucked-in shirts, therefore a regular or high-rise is great for most body types. To ensure the rise isn’t too low for me, I like to dance around the fitting room. If everything stays in place, I’m good to go!
Above, I’m wearing the tall Cafe Capri in Wool from J.Crew. Tall sizes are on sale for $49.99 and if you order before Friday, you’ll get 25% off your entire purchase! What a steal! These pants are made from a lightweight wool which is perfect for wearing all year round.The inseam is 30″ (for comparison, the inseam of the regular size is 27″) and the rise is very low. I’d say that these pants run large. The first pair I ordered (size 6T) fit fine at first and then loosened up quite a bit throughout the day (baggy butt syndrome!). Size 4T (above) fits me much better.
For those of you who shop at tall-only retailers, I found a few cute ankle crop pant options here and here at Long Tall Sally.
One last piece of advice: I find that ankle crop pants look best with a heel or pointed flat. Alright, it’s time to show a little ankle!
Readers: Do you wear ankle crops?
Why shop at Barefoot Tess? Because style doesn’t stop at size 10.
Barefoot Tess is an online women’s shoe store that provides its customers with the latest shoe styles in larger sizes—namely sizes 10-15. Shoes offered at Barefoot Tess include pumps, sandals, wedges, boots, flats and sneakers. Aside from regular sizes, Barefoot Tess also offers shoes in half sizes, narrow fit, narrow calf, wide fit and wide calf.
Above, I’m wearing the B.F.T. by Barefoot Tess ‘Jordan’ Heel that Barefoot Tess sent me to review. These shoes feature a rounded toe and 1.5″ metallic silver square heel. The design is classic with a feminine touch and a hint of glamour. Love it!
Here are my thoughts:
- Fit: The overall fit met my expectations. I’m wearing a size 11; these shoes run true-to-size and true-to-width. The toebox is not too shallow, sparing me from excess toe cleavage.
- Comfort: I walked around in these shoes for a few hours and didn’t get any blisters! Yay! That’s the best indicator of comfort for me. The 1.5 inch heel is great for women who spend a lot of time on their feet. Being tall, I love the feel of a heel without the added inches. In addition, there is padding in the heel for extra cushion.
- Color: The color is a pretty cobalt blue; not navy as indicated online. It goes great with whites, greens and red-oranges.
- Material: The material is a patent leather with a high-gloss, shiny finish.
- Quality: The quality of the craftsmanship is excellent. The sole is firmly attached to shoe and the insole is made of leather. I can tell that these shoes will hold up over time.
The ‘Jordan’ Heel comes in four colors: Black, Navy (above), Nude and Red. They are available in sizes 11-15 and retail for $144.00. Thank you, Barefoot Tess!
Readers: Have you tried Barefoot Tess?
*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within are my own.