Above, I’m wearing two of my most recent tall purchases from J.Crew. I had to order them online since J.Crew rarely carries tall sizes in store (so lame!).
- The J.Crew Tall Midrise Toothpick Jean in Carbon jeans (size 29T) have a 33″ inseam, and are actually a bit too long on me. I always forget that skinny jeans don’t need to be worn as long as a flared or trouser jean. Skinny jeans should just about graze your ankles. You can see on me that the extra length makes the jeans too baggy. Other than the length, I love the dark wash and slight stretch to the fabric. Additionally, the midrise length is perfectly comfortable.
- At 29″ long, the J.Crew Tall Blythe Blouse in Silk is about 2″ longer than the regular size. The extra length makes it versatile enough to tuck into skirts and wear over pants. I ordered a size 6T and it fits perfectly. I love buttoning it all the way up and adding a statement necklace on top.
Readers: Have you tried either of these items? What are your thoughts?
Ever tried foldable flats?
If not, you should definitely invest in a pair! They’re perfect for commuting and more importantly, for late nights!
Above, I’m wearing the B.F.T. by Barefoot Tess ‘Alexandria’ Flat. These flats are a triple threat: stylish, comfortable and compact. Love them!
Here are my thoughts:
- Fit: The overall fit met my expectations. Typically, I can fit into a size 10 or 11 depending on the shoe, and with these flats, I went with an 11. If you’re on the verge of two sizes, I would recommend sizing up.
- Comfort: At first, the elastic seemed a bit tight, but it certainly loosened up over time. These flats are comfortable to walk in and after about a week, feel like slippers. The padding on the bottom makes the flats feel more cushioned than the average foldable flat (it also negatively impacts the compactness of the flats).
- Color: The shimmery copper color sparkles in the sunlight. It’s a perfect color for summer and pairs well with warmer-colored clothing.
- Quality: These flats are made in Brazil with a real leather upper and rubber sole. The padding on the bottom makes the flats sturdier. I can tell these will hold up over time.
[spacer size=”20″]The ‘Alexandria’ Flat comes in four colors: Black, Copper (above), Leopard and Silver. They are available in sizes 11-15 and retail for $109.00. Additionally these flats come with a matching bag so that you can easily tuck them away in your purse.
Readers: Have you tried foldable flats?
*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within are my own.
Above are two of my most recent tall purchases from J.Crew. I had to order them online since J.Crew rarely carries tall sizes in store (so lame!). I’m still waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully both items fit—fingers crossed!
- The J.Crew Tall Midrise Toothpick Jean in Carbon. After having much success with the J.Crew Midrise Toothpick Jean in Distressed Indigo (as seen in this post), I decided to invest in another pair of tall J.Crew jeans. These jeans have a 33″ inseam, so I’m expecting them to just graze my ankles. I ordered them in size 29T.
- The J.Crew Tall Blythe Blouse in Silk. I needed a simple blouse that was versatile enough to tuck into skirts and wear over pants. At 29″ long, this tall blouse is about 2″ longer than the regular size. I ordered a size 6T.
Look for a full review on these tall items in the coming weeks!
Readers: Are J.Crew tall sizes tall enough for you?