I wore this ensemble out to breakfast on Sunday morning. I tried pairing plaid with a bright red skirt and I love how the thin red stripe in the plaid shirt matches the red skirt perfectly. This helps to pull the outfit together. I’m also loving how seasonal this outfit feels. All I need is hot chocolate and Christmas songs. Is it too early for that?
If I wear this again, I would try flats instead of boots to give it a softer, more feminine look. I feel like fats would also make my legs look longer because they wouldn’t truncate my leg at my knee.
Readers: How would you wear this red mini skirt in cold weather?
Above, I’m wearing the J.Crew Factory Skirted Dress Coat in Viridian Green. After a number of discounts and promo codes, I bought the coat for well under $100 which is pretty reasonable for J.Crew Factory and for a winter coat. Here are my thoughts:
- Size: Because I have rather small arms and a small chest, I ordered a size 2. Even though I had tried on other J.Crew Factory jackets in the past, I was worried that the sleeves might not be long enough. Luckily, the sleeves measured to be about 24.5″ and fit me perfectly. The length of the coat is obviously shorter on me than intended (I’m 5’10”), but again, I don’t mind.
- Fit: The waistband hits me a little bit higher than it’s supposed to, but I kind of like how it becomes more of an empire waist, which lengthens my legs. The coat is particularly slimming, thanks to the a-line shape and gathering at the waist.
- Material: The material is a combination of wool, polyester and viscose. It’s certainly not the warmest winter coat that I own, but it’s fine for the 40-50 degree weather. Additionally, it’s fully lined.
- Details: The tabs at the cuffs add some interest and I think the collar is fun to wear popped. It makes me feel a lot cooler than I actually am
- Color: I LOVE the color. It’s so fun, bright and unexpected. It will certainly cheer me up on a dreary winter day.
I know I’ll be getting lots of wear out of this coat!
Readers: Would you wear a bright coat like this?