I’m going on a Caribbean cruise in a few days and I thought I’d share some packing tips with you as well as what I’m bringing.
HOW TO PACK FOR A CRUISE
Below are a few tips I’ve learned over the years.
- Know the dress code. It’s always fine to wear shorts and tees during the day, but there are usually at least one or two formal nights that you should plan for.
- Dress for the destinations. Think through all the possible scenarios you could experience—lounging on the beach, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking—and plan your outfits accordingly.
- Bring layers. No matter how close to the equator you are, it’s going to be freezing on board in the dining room.
- Plan for two outfits a day. One for the day and one for the evening.
- Mix and match. Stick to one color palette and choose items that you can remix to get more than one wear out of them.
WHAT TO PACK FOR A CRUISE
Below is a sneak peek of a few things I’m bringing on the cruise. I stuck to bright colors, fun patterns and lightweight, comfortable fabrics. Stay tuned for the cruise outfit posts coming in a week!
For the flight:
Shirts + accessories:
Bottoms + shoes:
Readers: Do you plan this much before going on a vacation? Is this overkill?