Banana Republic Ikat Strapless Dress (on sale!); Ann Taylor Perfect Patent Pumps; Express Blazer; H&M Bracelets & Earrings; Vintage Bracelets from Grandmother
I couldn’t wait to try on this tall banana republic dress, but I will admit, I was a bit nervous. It’s the first tall sized dress I’ve ever tried on from Banana Republic.
- Size: I was happy to find that the dress fit me like a glove! It’s a size 4T (I usually go for a size 6 or 8) but if you remember from this post, I decided to size down because it’s better to have a strapless dress that’s too tight than one that constantly falls down. While the dress fits me perfectly, I’m not sure it would fit anyone much taller. At 5’10”, I’m definitely on the shorter size of tall. The waist falls in the right place and the length is just above my knees, which is right around where I like it.
- Material: The material feels expensive even though it’s made out of cotton and polyester. Additionally, the dress is fully lined. Not bad for only $28!
- Function: This is a perfect example of a dress that can go from work to date night. For work, I would add a black, white or tan blazer. I went with black because I’m still on the hunt for the perfect summer white or tan blazer. Let me know if you have any recommendations!
Overall, it’s a fun, flattering dress that I’m sure will get a lot of use.
Readers: What do you think?
J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Deck Stripe; J.Crew Tippi Sweater; Forever 21 Bag; H&M Bracelets and Earrings; J.Crew Viv Printed Patent Flats
Above, I’m wearing yet another pencil skirt from J.Crew. They’ve really become a staple for me this year. This one in particular seems to run larger than the double-serge cotton material, but that’s okay because it still fits. It just doesn’t hug my curves as much.
I’m loving the combination of nautical stripes and pink. It’s an unexpected pairing, but it works. I toned down the look with neutral colored flats and accessories.
Readers: Do you like pairing nautical stripes with pink?
Can you guess which shirt is the tall size?
It’s the pink one! Here’s my review:
- Length: In the first photo, you can see a clear difference in overall length. The tall size is a good two inches longer than the regular size, even though both shirts are a Medium. The extra inches give me a longer, leaner look whereas the regular size cuts me short. The tall size is also easier to tuck into jeans and skirts.
- Sleeves: I always wear my button downs with the sleeves rolled, so sleeve length doesn’t matter much to me. I just wanted to show you that the tall size has sleeves that are plenty long!
- Shape: The tall size has a better overall shape to it. It looks less baggy and more tailored. I’ll definitely purchase tall size shirts from J.Crew more often!
Readers: Have you tried J.Crew tall sizes?